Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Payback's a Blank

This is a family site people.

I have always said that I wanted my child to have a name that wasn't common like Jennifer. I hated having 4 or 5 people in every class with my name. In fact, in 3rd grade I had to go by Jennifer Knu because there was a Jennifer K and a Jennifer Kn as well. Ridiculous.

When Sophia was born we had names we had picked out that were anything but common but when we saw her we knew that Sophia fit her perfectly. I knew it was the more common of the ones chosen but by no means a "Jennifer".

Growing up I always gave my mom a hard time about picking a name that everyone had. She swore to me that she had no idea it was so popular. I told her she was nuts. How could she not know that every 3rd person was naming their child Jennifer? Did she not talk to anyone? Seriously, not possible.

So when Sophia's picture made it into the local paper last weekend and was placed directly next to a list of the Top Baby Names for 2007 with Sophia being number one...well, you can fill in the blank.

Love you mom : )




2 comments:

Unknown said...

We can relate. Our Sarah will be relatively safe but Jacob already has another Jacob in their daycare class with many more to join him in the future, I'm sure. We realized it'd be a popular name, but it just felt right and we liked how well with went with Sarah.

Unknown said...

BTW...adorable photo of little Sophia!