Monday, April 28, 2008

Christos Anesti!

For those of you who are not Greek, do not know any Greeks or have been living under a rock and haven't seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding, "Christos Anesti" (Christ is risen) is what you would say in place of "Happy Easter" and is answered with "Alithos Anesti" (truly he has risen). Cultural lesson aside, this weekend we celebrated Greek Easter, or as Monica calls it, Greekster and it was a jam-packed few days! Lots of pictures to commemorate the wonderful weekend...


Yia Yia went a bit overboard on my basket as a good Yia Yia should! (Oh, I mean the Easter Bunny)

And I got to take a tubby with my cousin Demitra.

Then on Sunday theo George woke up really early to get the lamb started. (Yes, we do cook a lamb on a spit in the yard. The movie doesn't lie people!)

Cousin Demi in her princess easter dress.

Me and my cousins Blake, Dorian & Demi.

3 generations

Looking proper in my easter dress #2

Searching for eggs.

Yia Yia and Sophia playing the egg game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great photos! Sophia looks beautiful as always. What a cutie!

monica said...

Happy belated Greekster! :)