Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sadness

Today was a very tough day for our family. With very heavy hearts we had to say goodbye to our beloved Gabe. Most of you know that we found out before Christmas that he had a large tumor growing next to his heart. In the past few days he stopped eating and appeared to be in much greater pain and was having a difficult time breathing. It was very difficult to see him struggle and we know he is happier now. Painfree and trotting (nah, probably swimming) in heaven.

I write all of this as tears stream down my face. I cannot tell you how sad we are. Gabe has been with us for so long that he is as much a part of us as we are of each other. Dumb college kids with no concept of resposibility, Taki and I visited the local shelter one afternoon and couldn't leave without him. He was a tiny 7 week old puppy, could you resist? : ) Here we are, almost 13 years later. Gabe has been through everything with us. Moves to 6 different homes, 3 different states, a cross-country trek, and most importantly, the birth of our children. He has been the kindest, sweetest, most loyal dog and we simply love him so much. Gabe, we will miss you more then I can express with words.

(sorry for the picture overload, count yourselves lucky I didn't dig out the old prints and start scanning away....)







3 comments:

Taki said...

I can't say how much I miss you bud, your the best! I will never forget you.
Love Dad

the cary's said...

Oh my gosh, I have tears streaming down my face!! I looooove your pictures of sweet Gabe! He was such a good sweet dog. I think you need to please add his Greg Louganis picture...that's my all time fave!

Gabe was one fortunate pup and I know you all are going to miss him. He couldn't have had better parents or better little sisters than Sophia and Evi. Love you guys!

Chris H. said...

Jen and Taki, I am so very sad to read this. Matt and I are thinking of you guys.
Chris