Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Blame Betty Crocker

I have never enjoyed a cookbook so much in my life. Naturally my enjoyment had nothing to do with cooking. This is a page I scanned in from the famed "Old School" (and yes that is the official name of course : ) Betty Crocker cookbook that came from my Grandma. You'll have to click on it to really read it. Trust me, it's worth it.

My personal favorite is the one on the left side, 3 down. Just remember, if you feel tired lay down on the floor for a bit. No need to take off your apron or heels.


Coming in at a close second would be the one right above it. I blame most women's life problems on this one. Who knew Betty was the one to start it all. "You're mind can accomplish things while your hands are busy". In other words, multi-task. And I wonder why I end up at the checkout of the grocery store with nothing from my list in the basket because my cell phone is glued to my ear or perhaps my mind has started planning "family recreation, the garden, etc. ".


And don't forget ladies... "Notice humorous and interesting incidents to relate at dinnertime". I've got that one down. Often I report the texture and or frequency of our daughters poo. That's interesting right? Or is that not what she had in mind? Hmmm.....

2 comments:

monica said...

I am going to start harboring pleasant thoughts while working. I should probably only do that at home while wearing my dress, apron and heals to clean the house since in Betty's day we wouldn't be working an actual job, right?

HeathSaw said...

Is laying on the kitchen floor like that even sanitary? In my house, it's definitely not advisable :).