Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Clarification

Everyone knows that toddlers have their own unique pronunciation of words. Most of which sound like gibberish to outsiders but make perfect sense to their parents. However, there a few that baffle even those of us seasoned in toddlerglish. Alas, we have finally after months figured out one of them.


Butt Cheese


I swear to you that is exactly what it sounds like and she says it all the time. Usually when at the table or in the kitchen. I had that as a hint but it remained a big question mark. So here you have it people.


Butt Cheese = Bite


No joke. Bite. Soph is infamous for adding letters on to the end of words like "book" is "booka" and "dad" is "dadin". I think she's actually saying "bitey" which is why it sounds like butt cheese.


I can't tell you how relieved I am.


And as a side note. She's finally started asking for her woobie by name. Only thing is that she pronounces it "woodie" and in all my matureness I can't help but giggle each and every time.


Waiting for the garbage truck this morning. The nice man honks his horn for us!
As you can see, Luke is trying to escape while I look concerned. I made him pinky swear not to involve me in his shennanigans. (thankgoodness for screen door locks!)

1 comment: