Sunday, March 28, 2010

180 Degrees


Wow, where to begin...
Every day I'm just a little more shocked at how different this pregnancy/labor/child is from our first. Of course there is always a possibility that they will look different and have different personalities but EVERYTHING from the way their hair grows (Sophia's hair naturally parts on the left and Evi's naturally parts on the right) to the way they arrived (Sophia in torpedo fashion at 3 hrs. 12 minutes while Evi was in no hurry at 10+ hrs.)

As a mom, I just figured it would all be familiar, from the labor to the little person inside. After all, I've been living with a representation of Taki and I for 2 1/2 years already. I am SO excited to see how this little person will grow and develop. I truly feel like I'm doing all again for the first time, just with a little more knowledge and confidence.

Sophia is doing very well with her sister. The night that she was born Sophia visited the hospital and sang Rock A Bye Baby to her. It was the sweetest, most wonderful thing ever. There are times when she is indifferent to her and times when she acts out when we can't give her the attention she wants, but overall she's been incredible and we have been blessed to have wonderful family that has been her to help with the baby and Sophia. She's having a blast playing with all of our loved ones that she doesn't have the privledge of seeing often. And my favorite quote from Sophia since Evi's arrival happened when she left after visiting the hospital that first night. She said to my mom..."Mommy went to the hospital, and the doctor came, and POOF the baby came out".

If only it were that simple my sweet girl : )

Below are some photos from the first few days of our newest little girl's life...




2 comments:

Trisha said...

These are great pics! I am honored to make the list. She is a flipping cutie pie!

Nikki Andriani said...

Congrats to the entire family! Evi is beautiful and Sophia is already a fabulous big sister! Hopefully she can give Natalie some tips! Take care and enjoy this precious time together.

Nikki