Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sophisms Take 3

Time for another episode of Sophisms:



-"My poop smells like peppermint" - We have no idea where this once came from but she insists that her poop smells like peppermint. Every day. All the time. I can ASSURE you, this is not the case.



-"Becaaauuuse" - This word is said before every explanation of why she should get or get to do something we've told her she can't have or do. It's said with a very "teenage-y" tone.


For instance:
Mom: "Sophia, you can't bring woob dog with us to the library"
Sophia: "Becaaaaauuuse he'll cry, and cry, and cry for me"



-"What are we gonna do with you" - This is her fill-in-the-blank response when I yell at Gabe. Quite frightening to hear your voice come out of your little person.



-"Mommy/Daddy you're a good friend" or "Mommy/Daddy I'm so proud of you".



-"Mommy, you're so bootiful" (said while putting a hand on each of my cheeks).


-"Mommy, you got some red stuff on your face" (when I wear real makeup)



-"Mommy, you answer me please!" (said after she's repeated something over and over again and I haven't given her the answer she wants. In fact, often it wasn't a question to begin with)



-Correction to all of the above should read "Mom/Dad" because she rarely calls us mommy or daddy anymore : (



She's growing into such a little lady (with an unfortunate splash of teenager for good measure). It's so sad to see the baby in her disappear but each day brings a new surprise and it's such a joy to see her become her own little person. I'm SO incredibly proud to be her mommy, er, I mean mom : )



And a current picture...

Yesterday we went to the mall for a butterfly exhibit. One landed on her and as you can see she stood so still she didn't even move her head to look at it. I'm a bit shocked she didn't run screaming considering she runs screaming if she hears a motorcycle miles away. The girl loves her bugs and wildlife just like her mama.

No comments: