Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sophia Turns 5!!!

I remember my 5th birthday party pretty well so I knew this was the year that probably mattered more than any of the others. Sophia has been asking to have a "water party" in the backyard ever since Evi's birthday in March. Oh, and she wanted to invite EVERYONE under the sun : ) So, 21 kids later, face painting, pinata, a few water attractions and a LOT of heat we had ourselves a party! Ariel and Tinkerbell came to celebrate the big day with us too which was definitely the highlight for Soph!

I was definitely more emotional leading up to this birthday then I was on the actual day. Perhaps because of all of the activity or perhaps because the heat had fried my ability to process reality. I have a feeling that first day of Kindergarten in several weeks is going to be a doozy. In fact, I'm purposly not going sappy in this post because I don't think I can handle it. 

We started the morning with cinnamon rolls and presents from mommy, daddy, GG & G... And of course the yearly dress that daddy picks out for the girls on their birthday.
 Setting up!
 Slip n' Slide!
 Face painting on toddlers should be done in non-slobbering locations : )
 School friends!

 Ariel & Tinkerbell







1 comment:

Trisha said...

i do think pinata makers should avoid people designs. alarming to see them smashing that poor defenseless mermaid