Friday, August 31, 2007

Rock a bye Cheeseburger- Tales of Motherhood


So today my mom and I went out for lunch with Sophia. We both ordered cheeseburgers and of course as soon as we took our first bite my darling daughter began to cry...loud. So I picked her up and began rocking her back and forth to quiet her. For those of you that don't know or haven't been around during one of her breakdowns, Sophia loves to be bounced, rocked and "figure 8'd" (combination of the two in a figure 8 motion. don't ask me why) when she's upset and without fail it calms her down.


So anyhow, once mom finished her burger I handed the baby off to her so I could eat mine. We're sitting there chatting and all the sudden I realize I'm rocking my cheesburger! Literally rocking the thing back and forth and spraying burger juices and fixings everywhere. I've officially reached a new level of nuts. Allthough, truth be told. I don't mind. Makes live pretty darn entertaining.


Here's a new picture of Sophia in her "out on the town" gear...

2 comments:

HeathSaw said...

That is so funny! When I first went back to work I would rock back and forth while talking to people. One thing you will have to get used to when going out to eat(it gets worse when baby is older) is not eating or scarfing your food so fast that you belly hurts. I used to hate cold food but now I am learning to like it! Beautiful baby!!

Unknown said...

I was standing in the checkout line in the mall one afternoon. My parents were waiting with the babies outside while I paid. There was a mom in front of me with an infant that I peaked at and asked if the baby was about 8 weeks old. The mom said yes and asked how old my baby was...My baby? How did she know I had a baby - neither of them were with me...when I looked at her questioningly - she said she knew I must have an infant - I was standing in line, swaying back and forth :-) Just like she was holding her baby...