Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Tales from the Sleep Deprived

Last night Sophia was having one of her fussy episodes and wouldn't sleep. I put her on my chest to soothe her while Taki ran to get the pacifier, burp cloth, and other such items needed to pacify her. When he got back into bed he informed me that he was going to "rest his eyes". I told him to go to sleep and that there was no use in both of us being up but he insisted he was just going to rest his eyes. I've heard that one before.

Once Sophia calmed down and fell asleep I decided to try and put her back in her bassinet. This was about a half hour later and Taki was sound asleep. I put her down and she was instantly awake again. I was leaning over the bed trying to calm her when I feel Taki caressing my elbow. I thought he was just trying to offer support but was a bit curious why he was soothing my elbow. After a few minutes I hear him say, "Honey, her head feels cold to me".

You know you've had too little sleep when you confuse your baby's head with your wife's elbow.

6 comments:

monica said...

That is really funny! At least he was concerned in his delirious state.

Unknown said...

Hi Jen - my name is Barb and I'm a friend of Monica's. First off - congrats on Sophia - she's beautiful! Second - reading this post made me laugh at MANY sleep-deprived incidents in our household not too long ago. I think I'm going to have to go post about that right now! Check out some funny stories on our blog (We have 8.5 month old twins).

Brian and Becky said...

I just read Barb's blog - and now yours, and I am just cracking up. I don't remember Brian doing anything like this - but I wish he did so I would have a funny story to share also!!!

Maybe he did and I just don't remember! ha ha.

Anyways, like Barb said, Sophia is darling! Hope we get to meet her next time we are down to visit K&M. Maybe she can introduce Isaac to some wings.

Sarah B. said...

So funny Jen!!!!! Poor you and Tike..can't wait to get there and be sleep deprived too!

Anonymous said...

I love keeping up with you guys through your blog. I feel like I get to be a part of Sophia's life even though I'm a thousand miles away :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen and Taki! It's Monica's friend Heather! I haven't seen you guys since my bachelorette party- oh boy have times changed! Congratulations on Sophia! She is so beautiful! I just wanted to give encouragement. The sleepless nights end soon. And then it is just pure joy. Dave and I were constantly wondering what we got ourselves into the first 6 weeks. That is a great story though! Hang in there!